Booka Shade have enjoyed a meteoric rise since establishing themselves with their breakthrough album ‘Memento’ in 2005. Worldwide club hits such as ‘Body Language’, ‘In White Rooms’ and ‘Charlotte’ followed, as well as their classic electronic album ‘Movements’. Five years on and with the release of their fourth LP, ‘More!’, Booka Shade delve deeper than ever before, delivering what has to be their most dynamic and accomplished album to date. (The album is out in May; the lead single ‘Bad Love’ was released just two weeks ago, featuring remixes from Kaiserdisco and Tim Green.)
For Beatport’s next remix contest installment, Booka Shade is offering producers their newest track ‘Regenerate’. The winning remix will be released on Booka Shade / Get Physical Music, joining a talented roster that includes M.A.N.D.Y., DJ T., Chelonis R. Jones, Samin, Damian Lazarus and more.
Starting April 13th, 2010, Beatport users are able to download the remix parts of Booka Shade’s ‘Regenerate’, and then remix it, before uploading it to Beatportal for the voting round.
The winners will be divided into 2 categories; 10 user voted (based on the highest number of spins) and 10 editor’s favorites (picked by Beatport’s internal music staff). From these 20 nominees, Booka Shade / Get Physical Music will choose their favorite winning remix, to be released on their label. The winner will also receive a $200 Beatport gift card and V-Moda’s unreleased Crossfade headphones.
1. April 13th – May 4th: Download phase – The remix parts of ‘Regenerate’ for $3.99 USD.
2. April 20th – May 3rd: Upload/Submission phase – Upload your remix to Beatportal to www.beatportal.com/remix. During this phase the entries can be listened to, but not voted for.
3. May 4th – May 18th: Voting phase – The public votes for their favorite remixes by ‘spinning’ them.
After a period of deliberation, the winner will be announced on or around June 1st, 2010.
1. Download the remix parts to ‘Regenerate’ from April 13th – May 3rd 2010. You may purchase the stems bundled at $3.99 USD. NOTE: You do not need to download the WAV files to enter but the stem(s) must be downloaded from Beatport.com in order to qualify for the remix contest. Remixes created using illegally obtained stems will be disqualified from the contest.
2. Remix the track into your chosen style. All genres are welcome.
3. Submit your remix to Beatportal’s remix page. MP3 files sizes are limited and may be no larger than 10 MB.
4. The download phase begins April 13th, 2010 and ends on May 3rd, 2010.
5. The submission phase begins on April 20th 2010 at 12.01AM MST and ends May 3rd 2010 at 11.59PM MST.
6. The voting phase starts on May 4th 2010 at 12.01am MST and ends on May 18th 2010 at 11.59pm MST.
7. The winners will be divided into 2 categories; 10 user voted (based on number of spins) and 10 editorial winners (picked by the Beatport music staff). Among these 20 winning entries, Booka Shade / Get Physical Music will then choose their favorite winning ‘Regenerate’ remix to be released on their label as well as receive a $200 Beatport gift card and V-Moda’s unreleased Crossfade headphones. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. Remixes using ‘uncleared’ samples will be disqualified. An ‘uncleared sample’ is a musical work, loop or sample that you do not own the copyright for (ie: you didn’t create it). You are free to use sounds that you have originally created.
9. In consideration of Booka Shade / Get Physical Music agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrant hereby assigns to Booka Shade / Get Physical Music a perpetual, royalty-free, exclusive, sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your entry worldwide and/or to incorporate your entry in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your entry. Prior to any release, winner will be required to sign a remix agreement and liability release and, where permitted, a publicity release.
10. All trademarks and logos are protected. All rights of the producer and the owner of the recorded work are reserved. Unauthorized copying, hiring, renting, public performance and broadcasting of the remix parts or resulting record/s or remix/es or is prohibited.
11. Your submission of a remix in this contest constitutes your agreement to these Rules.
12. By submitting an entry to this competition you agree to occasional marketing emails from Booka Shade / Get Physical Music and associated labels.
13. The competition is not open to employees or agencies of Booka Shade / Get Physical Music, Beatport, their family members or anyone else connected to the competition.
14. Upon request entrant will supply Beatport or Booka Shade / Get Physical Music a 16 bit, 44.100 khz, WAV quality master file.
15. Neither Booka Shade / Get Physical Music nor Beatport accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liability, injury or upset caused to or suffered by you as a result of entering the competition or winning the prize. Booka Shade / Get Physical Music and Beatport further accept no liability for any damage caused to any person’s computer or other electronic device relating to or resulting from downloading any materials, including so called computer viruses, in connection with this competition. Nothing shall exclude us from our liability for death or personal injury as a result of our negligence.
16. This Promotion is sponsored by Beatport L.L.C. 1037-C Broadway. Denver, CO 80203. Colorado law governs this contest and prize winner(s) agree that any claims against Sponsors must be filed in the Central District of Colorado.