Round Table Knights are tipped to have a hot year in 2011: their remix of Tensnake’s “Coma Cat” was named Pete Tong’s essential new tune of the year, and buzz is already building around their debut album, Say What?!, due out in February on Jesse Rose’s Made To Play imprint. Now you can take a seat at the Knights’ round table, as an entrant in the “Say What?!” remix contest.
The winning remix, selected by Made To Play and the Round Table Knights, will be released on Made To Play. And complementing that, we’ve got one of our best prize packs ever, including free enrollment in an online course in music production from Point Blank, Traktor Pro software and Audio 2 DJ soundcard from Native Instruments, a $200 Beatport voucher, plus a signed copy of the album, a t-shirt, and a year on Made To Play’s digital promo list.
The parts go on sale on January 11, and one week later, on January 18, track submissions open. The submission period ends at 10pm (Mountain Standard Time) on January 31, after which point the online voting period begins; the winner will be announced on or around March 1.
Read on for the full rules, and good luck!
Starting January 11th, 2010, Beatport users are able to download the remix parts of Round Table Knights’ “Say What?!”, remix it, and upload their finished track to Beatportal for the voting round.
The winners will be divided into 2 categories; 10 user voted (based on the highest number of spins) and 10 editors’ favorites (picked by Beatport’s internal music staff). From these 20 nominees, Made To Play and Round Table Knights will choose their top remix, which will receive the following prizes:
* Remix released on Made To Play
* Free enrollment in an online course in music production from Point Blank, voted ‘Best Music Production School’ six times by the readers of DJ Magazine and have trained the likes of Claude Vonstroke and remixers for Beyonce and Rihanna.
* Traktor Pro software and Audio 2 DJ soundcard from Native Instruments
* $200 Beatport voucher
* One signed copy of the album, one t-shirt, and one year on Made To Play’s digital promo list
Apart from the grand prize winner, as selected by Made To Play and Round Table Knights, the entry with the highest number of spins (highest user voted remix) will be awarded a $50 Beatport gift card.
1. January 11th – January 17th: Download phase – Download the remix parts of “Say What?!” for $3.99 USD.
2. January 18th – January 31st: Upload/Submission phase – Upload your remix to Beatportal to www.beatportal.com/remix. During this phase the entries can be listened to, but not voted for.
3. February 1st – February 14th: Voting phase – The public votes for their favorite remixes by “spinning” them. You may “spin” as many tracks as you like, but each track may only be spun once.
UPDATE: Please note the winner announcement has been postponed to Wednesday March 16th, 2011
If you have any questions or need help please contact our Customer Care Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Download the remix parts to “Say What?!” from January 11th – January 17th, 2011. You may purchase the stems bundled at $3.99 USD. NOTE: You do not need to download the WAV files to enter but the stem(s) must be downloaded from Beatport.com in order to qualify for the remix contest. Remixes created using illegally obtained stems will be disqualified from the contest.
2. Remix the track into your chosen style. All genres are welcome.
3. Submit your remix to Beatportal’s remix page. MP3 files sizes are limited and may be no larger than 10 MB.
4. The submission phase begins on January 18th 2011 at 12.01AM MST and ends January 31st 2010 at 10.00 PM MST.
5. The voting phase starts on February 1st at 12.01am MST and ends on February 14th 2011 at 11.59pm MST.
6. The winners will be divided into 2 categories; 10 user voted (based on number of spins) and 10 editorial winners (picked by the Beatport music staff). Among these 20 winning entries, Round Table Knights and Made To Play will choose their top “Say What?!” remix, to be released on Made To Play. Their favorite winning remix will also receive Traktor Pro software and Audio 2 DJ soundcard, (one) Made To Play t-shirt, 1 (one) signed copy of Round Table Knights’ album, and 1 (one) year membership on Made To Play’s digital promo list, and a choice of one online course from Point Blank either in Electronic Dance Music or Cubase. (Total estimated value: $1000)
The entry with the highest number of spins (highest user voted remix) will also be awarded 1 (one) $50 Beatport gift card. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. All prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions or exchanges or cash equivalents will be allowed except by sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value and approximately similar features for any prize mentioned in these rules due to unavailability.
7. Remixes using “uncleared” samples will be disqualified. An “uncleared sample” is a musical work, loop or sample that you do not own the copyright for (ie: you didn’t create it). You are free to use sounds that you have originally created.
8. All remixes submitted for this contest become the legal property of Made To Play Records. Your remix contest submission becomes the legal property of the record label hosting the competition as protection against the release of unauthorized remixes. Prior to any release, winner will will, at label’s request, be required to sign a remix agreement and liability release and, where permitted, a publicity release.
9. All trademarks and logos are protected. All rights of the producer and the owner of the recorded work are reserved. Unauthorized copying, hiring, renting, public performance and broadcasting of the remix parts or resulting record/s or remix/es or is prohibited.
10. Your submission of a remix in this contest constitutes your agreement to these Rules.
11. Upon request entrant will supply Beatport, Made To Play and/or Round Table Knights a 16 bit, 44.100 khz, WAV quality master file.
12. Neither Round Table Knights, Made To Play Records, Native Instruments, Point Blank nor Beatport accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liability, injury or upset caused to or suffered by you as a result of entering the competition or winning the prize. Round Table Knights, Made To Play Records, Native Instruments, Point Blank and Beatport further accept no liability for any damage caused to any person’s computer or other electronic device relating to or resulting from downloading any materials, including so called computer viruses, in connection with this competition. Nothing shall exclude us from our liability for death or personal injury as a result of our negligence.
13. This Promotion is sponsored by Beatport L.L.C. 2399 Blake Street. Denver, CO 80205. Colorado law governs this contest and prize winner(s) agree that any claims against Sponsors must be filed in the Central District of Colorado.