Tensnake now a bona fide dance star thanks to an unstoppable series of smash productions and remixes, the German DJ/producer really took the world by storm last summer with his smash hit “Coma Cat”. Originally released on Munich’s disco-centric Permanent Vacation label before being snapped up by Defected for a worldwide release, Tensnake’s year didn’t end with the Ibiza season. A series of classic R&B and boogie-influenced remixes for Aloe Blacc, Hercules And Love Affair and Little Dragon helped kick off a major revival of early 90s beats, hooks and grooves well into 2011.
And the story continues with his latest hit “Something About You.” Already a firm favorite for Pete Tong, Annie Mac and Dimitri From Paris alike, the super-melodic Tensnake sound is back in force with this latest release – and now Beatport is offering you the chance to get behind the driver’s seat of Tensnake’s time machine. Just download the remix parts and add your magic, and you could have your remix released on Tensnake’s Mirau Musik label and win over $2000 worth of prizes.
“I’m really excited to be working with Beatport on our first-ever Tensnake remix competition,” states Marco Niemerski a.k.a. Tensnake. “We also have an excellent judging panel that includes Radio Slave, Jaymo and Andy George from Radio 1 and members of the Mirau label crew, myself included (final round)! Can’t wait to hear the results.”
The submission deadline is August 1st, so read on for the full rules and regulations, and get cracking!
1. July 12th – August 1st: Download phase – The remix parts of “Something About You” will be available to download until the voting round. The stems are bundled for purchase at $3.99 USD.
2. July 19th – August 1st: Upload/Submission phase – Upload your remix to www.beatportal.com/remix. During this phase the entries can be listened to, but not voted for.
3. August 2nd – August 16th: Voting phase – The public votes for their favorite remixes by “spinning” them.
Judging Rounds And Prizes:
The winners will be divided into 2 categories; 10 user voted (based on the highest number of spins) and 10 editors’ favorites selected by:
1. Jaymo and Andy George (BBC Radio 1)
2. Radio Slave (Rekids)
3. Gerd Janson (Running Back)
4. Ralph Moore (Moore Media, Mixmag)
From these 20 nominees, Tensnake himself will choose one winning remix to be announced September 6, 2011. The winner will receive a grand prize package of:
1 – Release of the remix on Mirau Music
1 – $200 Beatport pre-paid card
1 – Online Course from the Point Blank Music School
1 – Traktor Pro 2 software
1 – Traktor Kontrol X1 and X1 Bag
1 – Izotope Stutter Edit
1 – Sounds To Sample Elements Library
The highest spun remix entry will also receive:
1 – $50 Beatport pre-paid card
1. Download the remix parts to “Something About You” July 12th – August 1st, 2011. The stems are bundled for purchase for $3.99 USD. NOTE: You do not need to download the WAV files to enter but the stem(s) must be downloaded from Beatport.com in order to qualify for the Contest. Remixes created using illegally obtained stems will be disqualified.
2. Remix the track into your chosen style. All genres are welcome.
3. Submit your remix to Beatportal’s remix page. MP3 files sizes are limited and may be no larger than 10 MB.
4. The submission phase begins on July 19th, 2011 at 12.01AM MST and ends August 1st, 2011 at 10.00PM MST.
5. The voting phase starts on August 2nd, 2011 at 12.01AM MST and ends on August 16th, 2011 at 11.59pm MST.
6. The winning remix will receive: 1 (one) 1 Release of the remix on Mirau Music, 1 (one) $200 Beatport pre-paid card, 1 (one) Online Course from the Point Blank Music School (value: $1000), 1 (one) Traktor Pro 2 software (value: $229), 1 (one) Traktor Kontrol X1 and X1 Bag (value: $300), 1 (one) Izotope Stutter Edit (value: $249) and 1 (one) Sounds To Sample Elements Library (value: $135). Total value: $2115.
7. The highest spun remix entry will also receive: 1 (one) $50 Beatport pre-paid card.
8. Remixes using “uncleared” samples will be disqualified. An “uncleared sample” is a musical work, loop or sample that is copyrighted (ie: you didn’t create it). Entrant(s) are free to use royalty-free loops, stems and samples and/or sounds the entrant(s) has originally created.
9. All remixes submitted for this Contest become the legal property of Tensnake and Mirau Music. Your remix contest submission becomes the legal property of the record label hosting the competition as protection against the release of unauthorized remixes. Upon request entrant will supply Beatport, Tensnake or Mirau Music a 16 bit, 44.100 khz, WAV quality master file.
12. All trademarks and logos are protected. All rights of the producer and the owner of the recorded work are reserved. Unauthorized copying, hiring, renting, public performance and broadcasting of this record, remix or remix parts is prohibited.
13. Neither Beatport, Tensnake, Mirau Music, Native Instruments, Point Blank, Sounds To Sample, nor Izotope accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liability, injury or upset caused to or suffered by you as a result of entering the competition or winning the prize. Beatport, Tensnake, Mirau Music, Native Instruments, Point Blank, Sounds To Sample and Izotope further accept no liability for any damage caused to any person’s computer or other electronic device relating to or resulting from downloading any materials, including so called computer viruses, in connection with this competition. Nothing shall exclude us from our liability for death or personal injury as a result of our negligence.
14. Your submission of a remix in this Contest constitutes your agreement to these Rules.
15. This Promotion is sponsored by Beatport L.L.C. 2399 Blake Street. Denver, CO 80205. Colorado law governs this Contest and prize winner(s) agree that any claims against Sponsors must be filed in the Central District of Colorado.