If you’re at all like us, you’ve had a romance with Tim Berg’s “Bromance” ever since it dropped last year, just in time to light up the summer with those unforgettable chords. Tim Berg, otherwise known as Avicii, scored #14 in our most charted tracks of 2010 with the song; drop it today and watch the hands raise high—instant classic.
Now’s your chance to rekindle the flame: Beatport and PinkStar are giving you the chance to remix “Bromance,” and the winning remix will appear on PinkStar Records.
From all the contestants, semi-finalists will be divided into two categories: the top 10 user favorites, according to spins, and 10 editors’ picks, selected by the label judgment team.
From these 20 nominees, Tim Berg himself will choose the winning remix, to be announced October 4th, 2011.
The submission deadline is August 29th, so read on for the full rules and regulations, and get that “Bromance” brewing!
1.August 9th – August 29th: Download phase – The remix parts of “Bromance” will be available to download until the voting round. The stems are bundled for purchase at $1.99 USD.
2. August 16th – August 29th: Upload/Submission phase – Upload your remix to www.beatportal.com/remix. During this phase the entries can be listened to, but not voted for.
3. August 30th – September 13th: Voting phase – The public votes for their favorite remixes by “spinning” them.
Judging Rounds And Prizes:
The winners will be divided into 2 categories; 10 user voted (based on the highest number of spins) and 10 editors’ favorites selected by the label judgment team.
From these 20 nominees, Tim Berg himself will choose one winning remix to be announced October 4th, 2011. The winner will receive a grand prize package of:
1 – Release of the remix on PinkStar
1 – $200 Beatport pre-paid card
1 – Online Course from the Point Blank Music School
1 – TRAKTOR Scratch Pro 2
1 – Izotope Stutter Edit
1 – Sounds To Sample Elements Library
The highest spun remix entry will also receive:
1 – $50 Beatport pre-paid card
1. Download the remix parts to “Bromance” August 9th – August August 29th, 2011. The stems are bundled for purchase for $1.99 USD. NOTE: You do not need to download the WAV files to enter but the stem(s) must be downloaded from Beatport.com in order to qualify for the Contest. Remixes created using illegally obtained stems will be disqualified.
2. Remix the track into your chosen style. All genres are welcome.
3. Submit your remix to Beatportal’s remix page. MP3 files sizes are limited and may be no larger than 10 MB.
4. The submission phase begins on August 16th, 2011 at 12.01AM MST and ends August 29th, 2011 at 10.00PM MST.
5. The voting phase starts on August 30th, 2011 at 12.01AM MST and ends on September 13th, 2011 at 11.59pm MST.
6. The winning remix will receive: 1 (one) – Release of the remix on PinkStar,
1 (one) – $200 Beatport pre-paid card, 1 (one) – Online Course from the Point Blank Music School (value: $1000), 1 (one) – TRAKTOR Scratch Pro 2 (value: $670), 1 (one) – Izotope Stutter Edit (value: $249), 1 (one) – Sounds To Sample Elements Library (value: $135).
7. The highest spun remix entry will also receive: 1 (one) $50 Beatport pre-paid card.
8. Remixes using “uncleared” samples will be disqualified. An “uncleared sample” is a musical work, loop or sample that is copyrighted (ie: you didn’t create it). Entrant(s) are free to use royalty-free loops, stems and samples and/or sounds the entrant(s) has originally created.
9. All remixes submitted for this Contest become the legal property of Tim Berg and PinkStar. Your remix contest submission becomes the legal property of the record label hosting the competition as protection against the release of unauthorized remixes. Upon request entrant will supply Beatport, Tim Berg or PinkStar a 16 bit, 44.100 khz, WAV quality master file.
12. All trademarks and logos are protected. All rights of the producer and the owner of the recorded work are reserved. Unauthorized copying, hiring, renting, public performance and broadcasting of this record, remix or remix parts is prohibited.
13. Neither Beatport, Tim Berg, PinkStar, Native Instruments, Point Blank, Sounds To Sample, nor Izotope accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liability, injury or upset caused to or suffered by you as a result of entering the competition or winning the prize. Beatport, Tim Berg, PinkStar, Native Instruments, Point Blank, Sounds To Sample and Izotope further accept no liability for any damage caused to any person’s computer or other electronic device relating to or resulting from downloading any materials, including so called computer viruses, in connection with this competition. Nothing shall exclude us from our liability for death or personal injury as a result of our negligence.
14. Your submission of a remix in this Contest constitutes your agreement to these Rules.
15. This Promotion is sponsored by Beatport L.L.C. 2399 Blake Street. Denver, CO 80205. Colorado law governs this Contest and prize winner(s) agree that any claims against Sponsors must be filed in the Central District of Colorado.