It’s true—while we just told you about a different Deadmau5 partnership yesterday, one of these huge trance producers it seems has initiated a project with the big-eared Canadian. Who’s your money on?
- Ever the collaborator (remember yesterday when we hipped you to a jam with Ryan Adams?), Deadmau5 it seems now might be working with trance legend Armin Van Buuren. At least if the latest Twitter exchange between the two of them is any indication. (full story)
- Well, trance guys probably don’t use Roger Linn’s famed LinnDrum drum machine from the ’80s, but that doesn’t mean it hasn’t cemented itself a place in dance music’s history. Resident Advisor spoke with the legendary instrument maker himself at last week’s Decibel Festival. (full story)
- Ferry Corsten (pictured above) discusses some career-defining moments—and his latest album—with Magnetic Mag. (full story)
- The man who gave birth to Tranceport back in ’98, Paul Oakenfold, gives Elektro a moment of his time for a chat about opening on Madonna’s MDNA tour, and how dance music is changing in the US. (full story)
- And while it’s not proper trance, the new track from The Orb’s joint effort with dub don Lee “Scratch” Perry, “Soulman,” is a trance-inducing affair all the same. Check the video below.