First it was the legends of techno getting to put their hands in the cement, and now New Jersey’s Erick Morillo will be immortalized by his hometown. So who’s next? Check out the story and a whole whack of videos and news, including a very big UMF announcement, in today’s Morning Roundup.
- Roses Gabor might be best known as the vocalist on SBTRKT’s amazing “Pharaohs,” but now she’s striking out on her own with a forthcoming release on Ninja Tune. Here’s the clip for her new track “Stars.”
- It’s now come out that Calvin Harris’ original version for “We Found Love” featured singer Leona Lewis, but after he toured with Rihanna, he ended up releasing her version instead. (full story)
- Ultra Music Fest will spread itself across two weekends next March. See the news as it happens live on YouTube right now. (full story)
- Boys Noize, who we just spoke with last week, gets a bit Daft Punk in the wickedly animated video for “Ich R U.”
- Get techy: Attack just published a great tutorial on how to chop up vocals, so prepare to make your own Todd Edwards opus. (full story)
- And when you’re done with that, DJ TechTools offer a close look at Native Instruments’ new Kontrol Z2 Mixer with Mini Innofaders—so you can start drooling now. (full story)
- Union City, NJ, is honoring the legacy of house producer and DJ Erick Morillo by giving him his own street block, named Erick Morillo Way, on Bergenline Avenue from 14th to 15th Streets. Let us know who you think should be next in the comments below. (full story)
- The new prince of purple, Joker, has just released an awesome animated clip for the smoking dubstep tune “Old Era.” Peep it below.