From a look back at the Acid Jazz label’s beginnings, to a free live set from Deadmau5, to some choice quotes from Scuba, to new videos from Daphni and Borgore—the latter of which features Miley Cyrus, who gets a little bit messy—this is one chock-full Monday-morning news update, so read on and check it all out below.
- Scuba, who just premiered his new live show in London over the weekend, talks with the Independent about the “EDM live visual arms race”—and not wanting to be a part of it. (full story)
- So, the fruits of dubstepper Borgore’s collaboration with teen pop sensation Miley Cyrus are finally on full display—the new video for “Decisions” is out now.
- Looking for a new riser plugin for Max for Live? Point Blank production school has created one, and it’s available for free right here: (full story)
- Peep Lukid’s guide to the weirdest (and most obscure) stuff on YouTube, via his nicely written column on Red Bull Music Academy’s blog. Check out a sample from his selections below. (full story)
- Jamiroquai, The James Taylor Quartet, Brand New Heavies… The Guardian takes a look at Acid Jazz as it turns 25. (full story)
- Daphni (aka Caribou’s Dan Snaith) just dropped the new video for “Ahora,” which you should feel free to just trip out to below.
- More free stuff! Check out a full 1.5-hour live set from Deadmau5 at Sonos Studios Hollywood. (full story)
- Lastly, Toolroom TV takes a trip around Amsterdam during ADE with Hardwell and then follows label chief Mark Knight on his UK tour.