Remember slopping around dirty fields and warehouses with your phat pants covered in muck and rave scum? Well, those days are back—and if there’s any true gauge of whether or not PLUR is alive and well, the return of Kikwear is it. Read on to see the new line.
- Excision is about to launch a full-scale two-month tour of the US at the end of January, featuring what he’s called The Executioner, a system that produces ridiculously huge 3-D video-mapped animations “guaranteed to daze and amaze fans,” says the press release. See the full list of dates here: (full story)
- Always ones to throw you a video curveball, Hot Chip have got another confounding, hilarious, and awesome clip under their belts for “Don’t Deny Your Heart.” If at first it seems a bit passé, keep watching—you won’t be disappointed.
- Todd Osborn, Machinedrum, and more weigh in on the topic of music tracker programs, in this everything-you-need-to-know piece. (full story)
- Bulgarian producer KiNK doesn’t only knock out the tastiest of old-school-sounding techno jams—he’s also producing for fellow country-person pop stars like Rachel Row.
- Died-in-the-wool ravers rejoice. Kikwear is back—just in time to mess up the fashion sense of a new generation. (full story)
- FaltyDL’s brilliant new “Straight & Arrow” track, beautifully visualized:
- Lastly, trance producer Adam K is calling out Araabmuzik as a fraud for blatantly ripping off K’s and Soha’s remix of Kaskade’s “4AM” for the Araabmuzik track “Streetz Tonight.” You be the judge below. (full story)