Firstly, welcome back! The first Morning Roundup of the year is, to be expected, packed with news—including tidbits on a new DJ reality program and how to get productive in the studio right away. So, let us help you resolve to bust out some new tunes STAT.
- Well, Simon Cowell’s dreams of a DJ Idol-style reality show might have been dashed, but the producers behind Jersey Shore haven’t given up. In fact, they’ve set up a website called EDMCasting.com to start—yep—casting for a DJ-contest reality show, according to Mixmag. (full story)
- So maybe this news comes a few days too late for some of you, but here are Annie Mac’s tips for keeping a house party from getting out of control—you know… for this year’s NYE party. (full story)
- Having a bit of writer’s block in the studio? Try cleaning up your workspace first. And then check out Dubspot’s other nine tips on increasing studio productivity. (full story)
- Ultra Music Festival has opened up the tap on some of the artists scheduled to play this year’s festival. Among them are Richie Hawtin, Carl Cox, David Guetta, Fatboy Slim, Kaskade, and Knife Party. (full story)
- Well, with a new year comes new hosts on BBC Radio’s In New DJs We Trust program. The latest additions to the team? Jackmaster, Salva, Brodinski, and Monki. (full story)
- Budding producers and DJs will want to check this out: DJ Tech Tools’ 10 best articles of 2012. (full story)
- Curious to know how Infinity Ink made “Infinity”? Luca C talks you through it: (full story)