A resolution to can UMF’s second week this March has been introduced by Miami’s City Commissioner—what do you think will happen? Read on for more details on that story, plus plenty more tour and music news, in today’s Morning Roundup.
- If the City of Miami has its way, Ultra Music Festival will only take place on one weekend in March—not two, as planned. Marc Sarnoff, Miami City Commissioner, says the event “will be disruptive to the local business community and area residents due to noise, nuisance behavior of festival goers, and gridlocked traffic.” (full story)
- David Bowie turns 66 today, and to commemorate the occasion, he’s also announced his first full-length in 10 years. Check out the video for the first single below. (full story)
- We were wondering when we’d next hear from Ellen Allien, and it turns out that she’s prepping the release of LISm—due on March 14—which was originally created to accompany a dance performance. It comes out on Allien’s own Bpitch Control label; stream a preview below. (full story)
- Shadowy Swedish brother-sister duo The Knife have announced two dates on their soon-to-launch Shaking the Habitual tour: May 12 and 13 in Copenhagen, with more dates to follow. (full story)
- Legendary reggae DJ David Rodigan only recently gave up his slot on KISS FM, and now it’s been announced that he’s joining the team at BBC 1Xtra for a Sunday evening show. (full story)
- Major Lazer (aka Diplo, Switch, and their revolving cast of characters; pictured above) have also announced an upcoming tour which will see them blaze through Europe, Canada, and the US for most of the spring. (full story)
- Grime king Wiley was just a pile of weird tweets last year. Check out his oddest batch from 2012. (full story)
- The Upbeats’ “Diffused” drops exclusively on Beatport on Monday. Check out the animated video for the tune below.