If you’re a fan of Parisian house kings Daft Punk—and we’re sure you are—then do yourself a favor and take a peek at this lovely collection of rarely-before-seen shots and other ephemera that make up Daft Punk’s photo history. And when you’re done with that, check out Teenage Engineering’s latest CES unveiling, plus tons more music news in today’s Morning Roundup.
- French legends Daft Punk have undergone years of costume transformation since their seminal Home Work was released 15 years ago. Check out all the incarnations in Vibe’s photographic history of the duo. (full story)
- Sweden’s Teenage Engineering—already pretty famous for their amazing OP-1 synth—has just unveiled their first speaker at CES last week. The OD-11 acts as an audio device and pulls data from cloud-based storage systems. (full story)
- Deadmau5′s Cthulhu VST/AU plugin—the secret weapon in his “Cthulhu Dreams” and “Cthulhu Sleeps” tracks—is now available for purchase. Producer and engineer Steve Duda walks you through it in the video below. (full story)
- Shed on the techno scene: “I’m definitely not a fan of old school and ‘back then everything was better. Definitely not.’” See more in this great little documentary by T-Mobile’s Electronic Beats. (full story)
- From Computer World to Detroit techno to UK rave to William Basinski’s Disintegration Loops and beyond—a fine primer on the visual design aspects of the music we love. (full story)