Remember Technoviking? Quick… think back a few years to that hilarious video meme of a Conan-looking raver taking to the streets during Berlin’s Fuckparade. Well, he’s back… but not in the way we had hoped. Click on through to see why he’s making the news again.
- Any fan of electronic music and the internet is likely all too familiar with Technoviking—the meme that caught fire a few years back after a clip from 2000′s Fuckparade of a menacing dancer started making the rounds. Now Technoviking himself is suing the videographer, Matthias Fritsch, for profiting from his likeness. So if you haven’t already seen the clip, watch it below before it’s taken down. (full story)
- Despite Atari filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy yesterday, the company will always live on in the hearts and minds of electronic music producers. Case in point: this new videogame-inspired clip for Xilent’s “Boss Wave.”
- Have you been possessed by dubstep, à la The Exorcist? Berlin’s High Rankin can help!
-The Ibiza Music Summit, better known as IMS, has announced its Grand Finale lineup, which will take place on May 24 at the Ibiza Gran Hotel, and so far it includes Sven Vath, Maya Jane Coles, Solomun, Scuba, Tensnake, and Le Carousel. (full story)
- Last year LA label Body High came on super-strong with amazing releases from Todd Edwards, DJ Sliink, and Myrryrs. Now founders Samo Sound Boy and Jerome LOL talk about its origins. “We take a lot of inspiration from dance music history. That classic stuff is mind-blowing,” they say. (full story)
- Producer, DJ, footballer, mom, and queen of UK funky/dubstep/house/what have you Cooly G gets a nice little documentary treatment courtesy of Adidas, which examines every aspect of her life—from her past as the daughter of serious music heads to her current place in the continuum of British electronic music.
- Like everyone else these days, we love us some Disclosure, so we were stoked to see that the boys were collaborating with AlunaGeorge. Now the fruits of their labor are on display… below.