Oooh, boy, is this an exciting day. Not only do we have more news from the big gear-industry tradeshow NAMM, but we’ve also got lineups for Ultra Music Fest and Coachella in today’s wrap-up. See who makes the cut after the jump.
- Paul Oakenfold, Dog Blood (aka Skrillex and Boys Noize), Seth Troxler, The Knife, TNGHT, Roni Size, Excision, James Blake, SMD, and, as you can imagine, TONS more are set to play Coachella this April 12-14 and 19-21. (See full lineup below.) (full story)
- Coachella’s not enough? Well, we’ve also got a big announcement for Ultra Music Festival’s Phase Two lineup, which features Alesso, Dog Blood, Eric Prydz, Faithless, Nicky Romero, Luciano, Porter Robinson, Zedd, Sven Vath, and also, as you can imagine, TONS more. Check out the teaser clip below. (See lineup below.) (full story)
- Norwegian ambient producer Biosphere (aka Geir Jenssen) has produced a mix to honor Pete Namlook, a fellow electronic music producer who died last year. (full story)
- Love Pretty Lights? Then maybe you’ll also love Pretty Tights, Derek Vincent Smith’s rather interesting clothing collaboration. (full story)
- More from the first day of NAMM yesterday. DJ TechTools holds it down with coverage of Numark’s Mixtrack Pro II, Samson’s new DJ controllers, Livid’s BASE controller, and more. (full story)
- And, just in case you were planning on spending the weekend learning how to beatbox, here’s what happens inside your body when you do. (full story)