Yep, no lie. Daft Punk have officially signed to a new label and we can now be sure that they’ve got a new, fourth album arriving in the next few months. Read on for more details.
- Okay, this is really happening! Daft Punk have officially left EMI and for Columbia Records, and the new LP is due this spring. And it’s said to involve everyone from Chic’s Niles Rodgers to soundtrack writer Paul Williams to Canadian rapper Chilly Gonzales. (full story)
- Chuckie talks with Vibe about the Dirty Dutch Exodus live show—and why he loves Jay-Z. (full story)
- We’ve been hearing bits and pieces about The Knife’s new full-length, Shaking the Habitual, for the last couple of months, and now they’ve got the first real release from it: a 10-minute film by director Marit Östberg called “Full of Fire.” Watch it below.
- The DJ is an oft-misunderstood character in today’s cultural landscape. Critic Oliver Wang takes a deeper look at the concept in this nice little piece: (full story)
- Fancy yourself a real fan of dubstep? Time to catch up on the full I Am Benga series produced by Red Bull Music Academy. (full story)
- Are your productions credited to anonymous pseudonyms? Nick Hook considers the pros and cons of making such a decision in his Hi, Doctor Nick! column for XLR8R. (full story)