Mechanical drum machines, Mixmaster Mike and The Gaslamp Killer getting crazy on the decks… with NAMM still on the brain, there’s no shortage of awesome tech clips coming our way. So without further ado, check those out and more after the jump.
- You may think that we’re all about hard drives and laptops here at Beatport, but truth be told, our vinyl collections are probably just as huge as yours. And we still love us some record stores, especially these 10 beauties from around the world. (full story)
- Need a DJ to provide WombStep, Deep Doula House, or Placenta Dub while you bring your next bundle of joy into the world? DJ Sarah Palin’s Gay Friend is San Francisco’s self-proclaimed “premier birthing DJ.” (full story)
- NAMM may be over, but the videos from those few days last week just keep on rolling out. Check out Mixmaster Mike and The Gaslamp Killer taking liberties on the decks at the Stokyo booth.
- Is everything better in pairs? Vibe outlines their 20 favorite DJ duos and collaborations in electronic music history. (full story)
- Ulrich Schnauss is definitely most known for his gauzy and ethereal electronic-pop compositions, but for XLR8R’s latest podcast, he takes an entirely different tack: Seba, Source Direct, Photek, and more feature on this one, entitled Drift to the Centre: Deep Atmospheric DnB from the Golden Age. (full story)
- How the heck did we miss this?! MR-808 is a mechanical version of the classic drum machine we all know and love. (full story)