Some days we ply you with pics Deadmau5 and Kat Von D; other days we tease you with Daft Punk rumors. And then other days still, like today, all we wanna do is tell you about some amazing new music that’s set to come your way. So get strapped in, because there’s a whole lot of awesomeness to cover.
- First up, Detroit house genius Omar S has announced a new full-length, entitled Thank You For Letting Me Be Myself (perhaps a reference to Sly and the Family Stone?), for his own FXHE label in March. (full story)
- RBMA’s H∆SHTAG$ part four is up, and this time it’s about the nebulous “beat scene,” featuring FlyLo, Lunice, HudMo, and other up-and-coming producers. (full story)
- Yes! Kode9 returns with his first single in two years for Hyperdub, “Xingfu Lu” b/w “Kan,” in April. Preview it below. (full story)
- Every gear manufacturer is getting into the iPad game these days, as you already know, and today synth makers Arturia unveiled their iMini app, modeled on the classic Minimoog sound. Also notable and cool: Proceeds from the software benefit the Bob Moog Foundation.
- Miss Kittin’s Bassline EP drops on March 4, but you can peep the video for the lead single right now.
- Various Production are staging a return of sorts, with a new single and a new digital label to launch next week. First up is “Worse,” which you can hear below. (full story)
- According to Paul Johnson, the classic Chicago house label Dance Mania is also planning a comeback. (full story)
- And lastly, if you dig OWSLA—of if you dig motorcycle tricks—you’ll wanna check out this new clip from French crew Birdy Nam Nam for their track “Defiant Order.”