Well, we’re happy to report that Avicii is back in action after a spell in the hospital last week. There’s really never a dull moment in this wild world of dance music, and to prove it, we’ve got more updates from the Afrojack, Richie Hawtin, Deadmau5, Diplo, and DJ Sneak camps, who just keep the music-news fire burning white hot! See what’s up after the jump.
- After a brief stay in an Australian hospital, Avicii is back out on the road, with the condition that he cool it on a few shows. He tweeted that it may have something to do with his gallbladder, but whatever the case, we’re just glad he’s okay! (full story)
- Sort of hilarious, but Diplo, Afrojack, and Topher Jones are slated to perform at the 97th Indianapolis 500 auto race on May 26. And just so you know, that’s a Sunday… SUNNNDAAAY…. SUNNNNNDDDDAAAAYYYYY.
- So you may have known that Canadian electronic-music heavyweights Richie Hawtin and Deadmau5 were slated for a panel discussion together at South By Southwest, but did you know that they’re about to do some b2b action later that night? It goes down on March 12 at Stubb’s BBQ in Austin, Texas. (full story)
- Oh, hey, did you know that yesterday we surpassed one million fans on our Facebook page? Head on over and take advantage of a 20%-off coupon for all Beatport purchases. (full story)
- DJ Sneak, on why he doesn’t accept responsibility for Swedish House Mafia’s break-up. “I still speak out about the type of stuff they’re doing to this day. Maybe they woke up and realized how cheesy they were, that may have crossed their mind — although I can’t speak for them.” (full story)
- You caught our big feature with Laidback Luke last week, right? Now we’ve got the video for “Pogo,” so check it below.
- Point Blank production school goes deep with How to Write a Bassline: A Beginners Guide. (full story)
- We loved FACT’s Greatest Techno Albums You’ve Never Heard feature a few weeks back, so we’re stoked there’s now a part two, with the Advent, Aril Brikha, and more. (full story)
- And, yay! New music from Adult., finally! (full story)
Afrojack and Diplo image via EDMInsider