Well, after the big Nina Kraviz “bubblegate” controversy of last week, Maceo Plex has got a bit more to say—in particular, he wants to apologize to Kraviz for his previous remarks. Check out what he told The Independent in today’s roundup.
- This may not feature the most lively of voiceovers you’ve ever had the pleasure of hearing, but despite its narration, this video does a really nice job of jogging through the history of the centerpiece of much of modern electronic music—the Amen Break. Get schooled!
- Propellerhead Reason 7 is less than two weeks away! (full story)
- A lot has happened to Cologne techno powerhouse Kompakt over the last 20 years, and Resident Advisor has gathered a cast of characters that have graced its storied hallways for an oral history. Wolfgang Voigt, Jorg Burger, Riley Reinhold, and more sound off on the label’s legacy. (full story)
- Ever the innovator, experimentalist Brian Eno has taken to creating healing music-and-light installations for hospitals, the first of which launched this week at Montefiore Hospital in Hove, East Sussex, England. (full story)
- Lastly, Maceo Plex caused a bit of a stir a week or so ago when he made some remarks about Nina Kraviz’s appearance in a Resident Advisor-produced tour documentary on the Siberian producer/DJ. Now Maceo has elaborated on the whole debacle with The Independent. See what he has to say: (full story)