Really, who out there doesn’t like Daft Punk? If our Facebook page is any indication, the French duo is pretty much the only brand in dance music that everyone can agree on. So, with that challenge, one writer recently went in search of people who don’t like them—click on through to see what he found.
- So, remember last week when Diplo’s and BL3ND’s managers physically fought each other over a dispute between their clients’ Facebook-fan numbers at the IMS Engage conference in LA? Well, apparently some panels went ahead as planned, with no fisticuffs. Check out a quick wrap-up of the more civil discussions had below.
- In case you’re not one of Diplo’s Facebook fans, and you wanna know more about his Mad Decent label, DJZ has assembled a five-spot on who to watch out for. (full story)
- A writer actually went on a search to see who doesn’t like Daft Punk. Turns out there’s like 50 people out there who don’t. Whoda thunk? (full story)
- Hip-hop legend DJ Jazzy Jeff has got some thoughts—not necessarily positive ones—on the recent resurgence of dance music in the USA:
- Dirtybird has announced an Ibiza takeover for the summer at Sankeys, and it’ll feature Claude VonStroke and his usual suspects, plus Julio Bashmore, KiNK, and more. (full story)
- Lastly, looking to kick out some growling bass sounds with FM8? Dubspot’s got the goods in this video below.