According to FACT’s calculations, the average large-scale weekend festival will cost any given attendee £420 (about $640 USD). Are those fees pricing out the younger folks that are most likely to show up to such an event? Read on to see how FACT breaks it down.
- Wanna get a killer kick sound on your next track? Sample one from a pro track you already love, says Laidback Luke. See more of his golden rules for production here: (full story)
- So, just how much is too much to pay for a festival ticket? If the average weekend festival price costs £420 (according to FACT’s calculations), there’s definitely a high barrier to entry for younger folks. Check out the breakdown: (full story)
- Need some inspiration for your next mix? DJ TechTools has got a selection of 10 sets to get you through your creative rough patch. (full story)
- LA-by-way-of-New Jersey producer Todd Edwards is legendary for a lot more than just singing on a couple Daft Punk tracks. The dude pretty much created the east-coast garage house sound we know today. Hear more about it in his recent chat with Red Bull Music Academy. (full story)
- David Guetta’s recent “Play Hard” video stirred quite a controversy when it came out last month. Now you can see how it all went down behind the scenes.