Krewella’s Yasmine Yousaf isn’t one to take too kindly to internet haters. She went on a bit of a rampage on the band’s Tumblr to defend artists everywhere against vitriolic legions. Hear what she’s got to say after the jump.
- First up, Yours Truly recently caught up with veteran producers Jimmy Edgar and Machine Drum as the pair were tweaking modular synths, chopping up samples, and making a brand-new track for an upcoming release together as JETS. Watch them in the studio below.
- Krewella member Yasmine Yousaf was apparently overwhelmed by the amount of internet malice thrown in the direction of Daft Punk and countless other artists in recent weeks, and so she took to the band’s Tumblr page to pen a lengthy post in which she calls the web a “battlefield” and says that the amount of hate thrown around on social networks and various forums is “fucking scary for an artist.” (full story)
- Dada Life has taken a new producer under its wings by the name of Andybody, and shared a tailor-made edit of the new project’s first offering, “The First Bass is the Deepest,” before it officially drops later this month. Give it a spin below.
- Mad Decent boss Diplo was recently selected as one of the world’s most creative business men by business magazine Fast Company, who cite the success of “Harlem Shake” and Diplo’s longstanding career as proof. (full story)
- Unpredictable rapper Le1f has just shared an intriguing new NSFW video, this time for his recent single “Spa Day.” The video takes the track’s title to heart; watch it below.
- After a long and carefully plotted build-up, Daft Punk’s Random Access Memories LP finally drops today in the UK, and many are betting it will become the fastest-selling record (that is, most copies sold in one week) in the country’s history. (full story)