The delightfully unpredictable DJ Koze has unveiled a new mix for free download, gathering his favorite songs of the year so far along with some choice audio snippets and samples. It’s a wild ride, but one we all can surely enjoy.
- Following shortly after the release of his universally lauded Amygdala LP for his own Pampa label, veteran DJ/producer DJ Koze has delivered the latest mix for FACT’s podcast series, sharing an hour’s worth of heavenly, soul-tinged cuts from across a wide range of genres and throwing in brief clips from Flight of the Conchords and Seinfeld for good measure. You can grab Koze’s full mix here.
- After first appearing in his jaw-dropping Essential Mix over the weekend, the full version of Skrillex’s bootleg remix of underground techno producer Blawan’s “Why They Hide Their Bodies Under My Garage?” tune found its way to the web. You can give the monstrous rework a spin below.
- Justice remixer, Kanye West collaborator, and OWSLA affiliate Gesaffelstein has shared a twisted, slightly NSFW video for his new single, “Pursuit.” Set amongst the backdrop of a clinically plain warehouse, the video features a camera that seems to constantly move backwards, revealing ever more cryptic scenarios as it does so.
- Nicky Romero and Krewella have come together to form a powerful team on “Legacy,” a soaring tune that has made its way into various sets as of late but is still yet to have an official release date. But perhaps the wait might soon be over as Protocol Records has shared an official 90-second preview of the tune. With its lush vocals and instantly memorable melodies, this one just may have “summer anthem” written all over it.
- Beatport has teamed up with Music Radar to bring you an online DJ Expo featuring exclusive video interviews and demos of new products for two days straight starting tomorrow, June 19. To celebrate, we’ve put together a special contest where the winners can take home an American Audio 14 MXR mixer, two day passes to the UK’s Producer Sessions Live, and $50 in Beatport credits. Head here to enter the contest by June 21, and check out a brief preview of the fast-approaching DJ Expo below.
- And lastly, Vice’s Thump blog wants to help you party better, and so has had its That’s So Ravin’ column put together a list of “10 Tips for Professional Partying” which include such seemingly simple, but rather helpful pieces of advice such as “Wear a fucking coat” and ” Don’t piss on the toilet seat!” (full story)
DJ Koze photo via NPR