Yes, you read that right, superstar DJ Armin Van Buuren is heading into space, set to take a commercial flight into the stars sometime next year. Will his turntables fit in the space shuttle’s overhead compartment?
- Dutch tranceman Armin Van Buuren was one of 100 passengers selected to fly on the first commercial space flight next year, a trip that comes with a price tag just over £60k. (full story )
- Pioneering Detroit techno DJ Jeff Mills turned 50 this week, and to celebrate, German blog shared seven of the Wizard’s classic, genre-defining radio mixes from the late ’80s. This is legendary stuff that is now available to stream/download for free below, so listen up!
- So this piece of news may seem like a joke, but the folks at Magnetic Magazine seem pretty damn sure this is real: Electric Daisy Carnival has made wedding accommodations available to its festival goers. This means, that in the midst of a killer set by Eric Prydz, Richie Hawtin, Datsik, or just about anybody, you can run off and go get hitched. How about that? (full story )
- The masked French duo we all know and love are still riding the wave of its latest mega LP, and recently say down with NPR’s all song conisdered to talk about the music that influenced Random Access Memories. The full interview can (full story )
- The good folks at Life Hacker have put together what they think is an all inclusive guide to the tricky art of music production, offering up a comprehensive four-lesson series on the subject. (full story)
photo via Mixmag