As always, we’ve got music news from around the world—whether it be a new clip from Dirty South and Alesso, Bass Kleph punching out live beats in Oz, or a list of 2013′s key tracks. Come on in and see what’s in store in the roundup.
- Pretty Lights to Vibe: “I would be a fucking scientist. I’d be on some crazy deep space zero-point energy shit. Powerless wire systems, water engines… I’d be taking down the oil industry. I’d be re-inventing the energy infrastructure of the world.” (full story)
- Dirty South and Alesso have got a new video for their collaborative track, “City of Dreams,” out yesterday, and you can watch it below.
- Duke Dumont, Sound Stream, _Moonraker, Kode9, and 36 more make Spin’s best 40 dance tracks of 2013 so far. See who else does here: (full story)
- Is the media ultimately responsible for the US-vs.-Europe/mainstream-vs.-underground divide in dance music these days? DJBroadcast examines the topic through the lens of last week’s Glastonbury Festival. (full story)
- The Knife may not be what most fans of dance music would consider “epic” but if you really dig into what they’re about, there’s no better way to describe their approach to multimedia storytelling. Peep a clip of their Shaking the Habitual live show here:
- Bass Kleph sure can pound out the beats on a Maschine like no one’s business. Here’s footage of him taking that beast to town in Darwin, Australia. 100% live finger-drumming.