On Saturday, Berlin club Festsaal Kreuzberg caught fire, causing a large amount of damage. Fortunately, no one was seriously harmed. See more of the details, along with news from all across the dance-music spectrum, below.
- First, though, Bingo Players’ Paul Baumer has been absent from a few of the duo’s recent shows as he’s been seeking medical treatment for a recent cancer diagnosis. He penned this message to his fans, and vows, “I am ready to fight this.” (full story)
- On Saturday night, a fire broke out at Berlin club Festsaal Kreuzberg, destroying most of the venue. KRS One was set to perform that night. No one was seriously harmed in the blaze, but one employee was “slightly injured.” (full story)
- Folks, if you’ve recently been “munted,” may we suggest you begin submitting your selfies here: (full story)
- Four Tet has just announced the upcoming release of his next album, Beautiful Rewind, via Twitter. “no pre order, no youtube trailers, no itunes stream, no spotify, no amazon deal, no charts, no bit coin deal, no last minute rick rubin,” he also posted. (full story)
- A couple weeks back we showed you the video for Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike’s Tomorrowland anthem “Chattahoochee,” and now you can pick up the track exclusively on Beatport.
- “Is there anyone releasing more good house records than Gerd right now?” A damn good question, FACT asks. The dude is kind of ruling at the moment, so we’re lucky to have a peek at some of his favorite new tracks via this podcast: (full story)
- More new music you’re after? Check out another podcast, this time from Berliner The Mole. (full story)
Photo via Demotix