Today is super-ram-jam-packed with big news from around the music world—whether it’s a Bubblegate redux, a discussion over where Moog’s archives should live, or why Gareth Emery doesn’t want your vote—so come on in and see what all the fuss is about.
- Firstly, just how big can the current dance-music craze get? Pretty big, say industry insiders. (full story)
- We LOLed at yesterday’s video of Seth Troxler dancing around naked to promote the Eastern Electrics Festival, but, in light of that recent Nina Kraviz controversy, are we, as a culture, setting a double standard? (full story)
- Eight years after his death, there’s debate within the extended family of Robert Moog over where his personal notes, papers, and research should reside—his Cornell alma mater, or his “spiritual home” of western North Carolina? (full story)
- We’re really digging the new track—and video—by Hamilton, Ontario’s Jessy Lanza, produced by Junior Boys’ Jeremy Greenspan. Check out “Kathy Lee” below.
- Here, according to Gareth Emery, is why you should not vote for Gareth Emery in DJ Mag’s top DJs poll. (full story)
- Famed documentarian Richard Attenborough has teamed up with Björk for an installment of Channel 4′s Mad4Music series entitled The Nature of Music. Watch the trailer below, and, if you live in the UK, peep the film this Saturday.
- Yes! FaltyDL has just announced that he’s starting a label, Blueberry Records, and Brrd’s Towers/Anointing EP will be its first release, due in September. (full story)
- Manchester’s Warehouse Project event series has announced its 2013 lineup, and it’s stacked, with Richie Hawtin, Four Tet, Sven Vath, Chemical Brothers, and tons more slated to appear. (full story)
Image via Mixmag