We’ve gotta say—at first glance, Logic Pro X is pretty impressive, and today we’ve got a closer look at the DAW courtesy of Point Blank Music School. But that’s not all—burn studios’ Ibiza residency is off and pacing, and we’ve got some insights from Scuba and Josh Wink, so check it all out after the jump.
- First up today, Point Blank instructor Ski Oakenfull takes a comprehensive look at Apple’s Logic Pro X.
- And while we’re talking about Point Blank, we might as well tell you that they’ve chosen a winner for their Kraftwerk Vocal Verk competition: Laura Steel. We gotta admit—it’s kinda cool. (full story)
- Berlin bass-maker Scuba has put an end to his long-running club night Sub:stance. He recently spoke with XLR8R about his reasons for closing up shop. (full story)
- Giorgio Moroder was one of the key guests at this year’s Red Bull Music Academy session in New York. Now you can check out his fireside chat as he talks listeners through some of his musical history. (full story)
- We’re really digging this brand of weirdo Afro-pop from new Planet Mu signing John Lizards. Check out the rad animation for their track “Lusaka By Night” below.
- What is Josh Wink’s favorite music-making software? Music Radar takes a peek through his virtual studio and uncovers what’s under the hood of the techno prince’s biggest tunes. (full story)
- burn studio’s Ibiza residency program is officially alive and kicking now, with 18 new contestants duking it out for a few coveted spots at the island’s biggest clubs. Check out the first two episodes of the competition here:
- The 33 ⅓ book series on classic albums has announced its next round of publications, and it includes new tomes on Aphex Twin’s Selected Ambient Works Vol. II and J Dilla’s Donuts. (full story)