With the dawn of a new year comes both reflection and anticipation—and we’ve got a bit of both today. Some of the best and worst of 2013 make today’s roundup, along with a few predictions for what the dance music world will experience in the year to come. So check it all out.
- So what do the experts expect will be the biggest dance-music trends to hit in 2014? Thump chats with Billboard’s Kerri Mason, Nick Catchdubs, LILGOVERNMENT, and more. (full story)
- Oof! White Raver Rafting just released their list of the worst sets of 2013—and we can’t help but giggle. (full story)
- Fortunately, Fedde Le Grand’s 2013 Yearmix was not among those sets. Listen below.
- The readers of XLR8R think that Burial’s Rival Dealer and Boards of Canada’s Tomorrow’s Harvest are both some of the year’s best and most disappointing releases of last year. See what else they thought in poll: (full story)
- Apparently, Germany is really into vinyl (aren’t we all?). Here, the BBC takes a deeper look at the phenomenon. (full story)
- Last year, Skream unofficially cast dubstep to the wind, and set his sights on more house- and disco-influenced music. So what was he playing most? (full story)