Fridays—they just gotta be fun days. So, with that in mind, today we present to you one cray-mazing mixtape of pretty much the worst rap songs ever committed to tape—courtesy of David Faustino, Hulk Hogan, Dan Aykroyd, and tons of other stars-gone-bad… and of course, your usual dose of news and reviews from around the electronic music world. Enjoy!
– Bud Bundy, Joey Lawrence, Hulk Hogan, Mr. T, and plenty more of the most ill-advised moves in music history have been assembled by Cuzzo D of Bay Area rappers Not the 1s on Bad at Rap—which is either the world’s worst rap compilation ever, or the best-ever compilation of the world’s worst rap. (full story)
– Need a nice primer on the shoegaze sound, as made famous by legends My Bloody Valentine, Ride, Slowdive, and others? (full story)
– Well, we know where we’ll be come NAMM time. Cubase 7 gets a 9/10 from DJ Mag. Read the full review here: (full story, with video)
– Looks like Ibiza club Space is set to install a New York City location later this year. (full story)
– The Outlook Festival—the same folks that brought you last year’s Dimensions—has announced an initial lineup, and it’s shaping up quite nicely. Boddika, Todd Edwards, Digital Mystikz, Goldie, and more have signed on so far. (full story)
– Oh, so it’s more music you’re looking for? Why not let James Holden’s breathy, ethereal, synth-heavy set from Sonar Sao Paulo, courtesy of Red Bull Music Academy take you into the weekend. (full story)