We love a good DJ rant. And we love a good DJ-related commercial. Fortunately for you, today we’ve got both. Check them out, along with festival announcements, ringtones, and a lot more, in today’s Morning Roundup.
– Sure, it’s an ad, but man, Ikea does a nice job of tidying up DJ Harry Love’s overwhelming record-storage problem in this little clip.
– Marc Houle ringtones! Marc Houle ringtones! For free! (full story)
– For those of you still paying attention—seriously, plenty of folks still use them—Sony is discontinuing production of MiniDisc stereos… though you can still buy the cartridges for the next few years. (full story)
– Just in case Paris’ Rex Club was gonna pull a DJ Shadow-in-Miami kinda move—which, BTW, they weren’t—house legend Kerri Chandler shut down any naysayers before a recent set with a rather curse-heavy warning about “commercial” house music. (full story)
– 12th Planet, ATB, Bassnectar, Bingo Players, Boys Noize, Calvin Harris, Nicky Romero, Oliver, Paul Oakenfold, Paul Van Dyk, Porter Robinson, R3hab, and many more have been confirmed to play Chicago’s Spring Awakening festival from June 14 to 16 at Soldier Field. (full story)
– Synth-pop pioneers OMD take questions from The Quietus about their new album—and collaborating with Kraftwerk. (full story)