So, it appears as though Mary Anne Hobbs will return to her former home of the Beeb in January, but this time for a weekend morning show. Read more about the new program, and check out a very special dubstep Christmas light show, in today’s roundup.
– Has the art of the mix CD been lost forever with the advent of podcasts? XLR8R looks into the matter. (full story)
– And while on the topic of XLR8R and podcasts, they’ve got an exclusive mix from Disclosure for their weekly series. (full story)
– A dubstep Christmas? It was only a matter of time, right?
– Steve Angello’s Size Records continues its web-TV series with installment four of Size TV, in which Angello and friends get down to business in London and LA.
– After a relatively short time away, underground queen Mary Anne Hobbs has rejoined the BBC radio lineup, this time for Radio 6. Come January, she’ll be hosting the Music Weekend Breakfast Show on Saturdays and Sundays from 7-10 am. (full story)
– The Quietus catches up with Happy Mondays’ Shaun Ryder on the band’s reunion and busy 2012. “I think we’ll carry on for about the next 20 years until we get older than the Rolling Stones,” he says. (full story)
– Lastly today, why not enjoy a brand-new set from Cassius, recorded at the Boiler Room held at the W Hotel Paris.