Big news has already surfaced from Miami, and the music hasn’t even started yet. A stage collapse at Ultra has left two injured—and a lot of questions.
– Well, Ultra Music Festival hasn’t even begun yet, and it’s already got a major problem on its hands. Last night a screen of LEDs on the main stage collapsed, and left two stage workers injured. Click on through for some video footage of the incident. (full story with video)
– That said, if you are headed to Miami this weekend, you can try to score VIP entry to Chuckie’s Dirty Dutch party on Monday with Waka Flocka Flame, Mord Fustang, and more, plus some killer swag, courtesy of Vibe: (full story)
– Okay, so Jeff Mills isn’t exactly going to space, but he is teaming up with a real-life astronaut, Mamoru Mohri, for his next record, entitled Where Light Ends. (full story)
– Want a free Little MicroShift plug-in from SoundToys? Well, here ya go—now don’t say we never gave ya nothin’! (full story)
– Bass Kleph sure does love his Native Instruments Maschine, as evidenced by him banging out a live tune on the thing in Seattle. Check it.
– Turn your iPad into an MPC with Akai’s MPC Fly 30 gear and software combo. (full story)
– Mathew Jonson has signed to Crosstown Rebels for his new album. And he’s also got quite the press shot in this DJ Mag piece, if you care to click through and check it out. (full story)
– And you can file this one under “new signings with questionable press shots,” too: Machinedrum (aka Travis Stewart) has agreed to release his next record through Ninja Tune. (full story)
– Horses, at Berghain? Sure—why not. (full story)
photo via Gossip Extra