Well, it’s official—UMF will carry on this March with its two originally planned weeks intact. And if that’s not enough to get you happy, consider these items in today’s news: Zedd’s new video and your favorite rap albums drawn out in MS Paint. Fun times ahead, to be sure, so click on through.
– Wanna know why big-room chord progressions always get their desired effect—and all sorta have that same vibe? A dance-music theorist breaks it down: (full story)
– College Dropout, The Low End Theory, and more of your favorite rap album covers, rendered in MS Paint. (full story)
– New York techno club The Bunker celebrated 10 years of existence this past weekend. Here, Resident Advisor takes a look at its impact with an exhaustive oral history. (full story)
– FACT pens a requiem for the soon-to-be-departed Brooklyn record store Dope Jams. (full story)
– Calvin Harris and Major Lazer are slated to play this year’s X Games in Aspen, Colorado, later this month. (full story)
– Zedd has finally released the official video for his song “Clarity” featuring Foxes. Check it out below.
– And, man, folks sure are pissed about that DJ reality-TV show—which, by the way, isn’t a show just yet… in fact, at this point it’s just a casting agency. (full story)