Wow. That headline’s a mouthful, with so much going on in the dance-music world today, so stop on in to for some big announcements, videos, and new music in this morning’s link dump.
– Deservedly, Hot Natured grace the January cover of Mixmag. And you can cop their cover mix right here:
– We dig Balearic. And we definitely dig Shed’s Rene Pawlowitz. So how can the two together not be rad? (full story)
– The Glitch Mob have just announced that their new record, Love Death Immortality, is set to drop in February. Lucky for you, we’ve got an early single to preview. Check out “Can’t Kill Us” below.
– Ultra Music Festival has also made a pretty big announcement—its first slate of performers for its March 2014 installment. Some names you’ll see: Guetta, Tiesto, Diplo, Luciano, Krewella, Jamie Jones, M.I.A., Zedd, and of course plenty, plenty more. (full story)
– A few years back, a group of musicians called Transgressive North visited a children’s home in India and kicked off a monumental collaboration. Everything Is New is a project that features those kids’ voices, as produced and remixed by the likes of Deerhoof, Four Tet, Rustie, Dan Deacon, and more. Check out some of the fruits of their collaborative labor below, and read more on the project’s mission here: (full story)
– US expats in Berlin Machinedrum and Lando Kal recently hit the studio together to explore one of the year’s most celebrated new pieces of gear: the Ableton Push controller.