Much ado about videos today, from Calvin Harris’, MIA’s, and Skrillex’s wins, to the latter’s new vid for “Make It Bun Dem,” to in-the-pool fun with Richie Hawtin and Luciano, to in-the-studio fun with Todd Terje and Bryan Ferry—so let’s get watchin’!
– The big news today: Calvin Harris took home the MTV Video Music Award for Best Electronic Dance Music Video last night for “Feel So Close,” and his collaboration with Rihanna, “We Found Love,” won Video of the Year. MIA’s “Bad Girls” scooped trophies for Best Cinematography and Best Direction, while Skrillex’s “First Of The Year (Equinox)” took the prize for Best Visual Effects. (full story)
– So maybe Skrillex didn’t land the hugest award of the night, but yesterday he unveiled the official video for his team-up with Damian “Jr. Gong” Marley, “Make It Bun Dem.”
– Richie Hawtin’s ENTER. and Luciano’s Cadenza parties have both been making waves on the White Isle this summer. Now they’ve got a special announcement to make. (full story)
– Arrrrrr! Rhythm FM, Touchdown, and more make the cut in Mixmag’s Ruff Guide to Pirate Radio… from 1994! (full story)
– Take a tour through the record collection of Glasgow club kings Optimo. (full story)
– After the grip of Roxy Music remixes that landed earlier this year, we’ve been waiting for the band’s debonair lead singer, Bryan Ferry, to make his next move. Now he’s done it, going in the studio with Norwegian disco prince Todd Terje. (full story)