Tons of fun news to get to today: We’ve got everything from a Transatlantic trip for Mad Decent, to a SHM doc premiere, to James Blake collabing with one of the year’s most talked-about rappers. Time to get on it!
– Zedd and Hayley Williams knocked out a killer acoustic version of “Stay the Night” for iTunes recently, and the official video splices together a few choice moments from Zedd’s latest tour.
– Vladislav Delay, Deadbeat, and Ben UFO (along with Beatport’s own Clark Warner) are confirmed for this April’s Communikey Festival in Boulder, Colorado. (full story)
– If you don’t know who Outkast is, you probably suck. (full story)
– Move D, the house master also known as David Moufang, is slated to pilot the next edition of Fabric’s fabled mix series. (full story)
– Everyone’s on the South African tip these days, when it comes to dance music. Now Diplo’s bringing the Mad Decent Block Party to Joburg and Cape Town in February. (full story)
– Here’s one collab we’re pretty damn stoked on: James Blake and Chance the Rapper. (full story)
– Swedish House Mafia’s documentary, Leave the World Behind, is set to premiere at SXSW. If you haven’t already, peep the trailer below. (full story)
– It’s not just the Grammys. The BRIT Awards have also gone electric, with folks like Disclosure, Rudimental, Calvin Harris, and Daft Punk all garnering high-profile nominations. (full story)
– Continuing their solid slate of top-10 lists, FACT has named its 10 record labels to watch this year, which include Butterz, Glacial Sound, and more. (full story)
– Art Department’s “Sun Comes Up” is one seriously slinky stunner, and now they’ve got a video to match its eerie grooves.