The obvious big news today: Ableton Live 9 is on the verge of going to market, and it’s packed with a bunch of new features. Check them out, plus interviews with Todd Edwards and Andy Stott, and much, much more in today’s news roundup.
– An updated browser, session automation, audio-to-MIDI, and a whole lot more is coming for Ableton Live 9. Check out all the new features below. (full story)
– New Jersey garage don Todd “The God” Edwards talks about his career, his collaboration with Surkin, and his recent move to Los Angeles.
– If you’re thinking of remixing someone’s work and publishing it, here’s what you need to know right now: (full story)
– Manchester’s Andy Stott talks with Pitchfork about his former piano teacher, painting Mercedeses, and other “luxury problems.” (full story)
– Go behind the scenes of how the amazing keyboy in Boys Noize’s “Ich R U” video was animated in this informative video.
– Here’s an inspiring tale for all you aspiring chart-climbers out there—the story of how a British college teacher’s track reached the top of Beatport’s nu-disco charts. (full story)