Folks, we’ve got a massive amount of video-based news for you today, so rub the sleep out of those eyes and get ready to watch. Rave marathons, Borgore’s and Miley Cyrus’ “Decisions” behind-the-scenes, a M.A.N.D.Y. interview, a Disclosure chat, and plenty more is on display in today’s news roundup.
– There’s an ongoing trend in the marathon world of holding “rock ‘n roll” marathons, to, we suppose, make the running part less painful. So it was only a matter of time before the rave world caught on. Check out Electric Run, and register now for 5K neon runs in Orange County, NYC, Dallas, San Diego, Houston, Miami, and more cities to come. (full story)
– FACT TV interviews Disclosure at last week’s Club to Club Festival in Turin, Italy, to chat about the youngsters’ quick rise to fame.
– DJZ considers the candidates for this year’s winner of the first-ever EDM prize at the American Music Awards. (full story)
– Wanna get in on the ground floor of what looks to be one amazing documentary on the shoegaze scene? Support this Kickstarter fund, and you could soon be seeing My Bloody Valentine, Ride, Cocteau Twins, and more on your local silver screen. (full story)
– To help celebrate Get Physical’s 10th anniversary, and the label’s 200th release, M.A.N.D.Y. have partnered with Native Instruments and Beatport to release their track “Twisted Sister” as a downloadable remix pack. See more in the video below, and then grab the remix set exclusively on Beatport. (full story)
– Go behind the scenes of Borgore’s and Miley Cyrus’ “Decisions” video, shot at LA’s infamous Beacher’s Madhouse, and hear what the man has to say about the “bitches love cake” line. Hint: He’s not actually talking about cake.