We love ourselves a blind item just as much as the next web-based publication—so, take a look up top and tell us who you think this studio belongs to. Don’t know? Then peek on in, where you’ll find that answer, news on Ableton’s Push controller, Troy Pierce’s remix tips, and a whole lot more.
– Fans of Radio Norwich’s most famous on-air talent will very likely enjoy this mashup of Alan Partridge and Daft Punk. A-ha! (full story)
– If you didn’t happen to catch Shut Up and Play the Hits, there’s another James Murphy-featuring documentary on the way this week: Too Old To Be New, Too New To Be Classic is a look at the DFA’s 12 years of existence, which will be watchable in full on Wednesday. Check out the trailer below.
– If you’re as psyched as we are to get our hands on Ableton’s new Push controller, you may be interested to read a chat with one of its designers on how to came to be. Interesting fact: It was first mocked up with Lego on plywood. (full story)
– Techno tunesmith Troy Pierce is the latest to be featured on Point Blank’s Friday Forum Live. Here’s a nice 30 minutes of him going through the remix process in Ableton Live. (full story)
– Like what you see up top? Then have yourself a long look around Vladislav Delay’s Shark Reef studio in Hailuoto, Finland. (full story)
– Pharrell on the current uptick in dance-music interest: “When the corporations get involved, they tend to have you go so commercial that you sort of lost what got you there in the first place.” (full story)