We’ve got a lot of video packed into this morning’s roundup—from JD Twitch’s Loose Joints tribute, Skrillex hitting the decks with Richard Branson, a full Radiohead gig from Austin City Limits, a full Armin Van Buuren documentary, and plenty more. So put the coffee back on, cuz your morning is spoken for.
– A disco hound of the highest order, Optimo’s JD Twitch just unveiled the video for his Arthur Russell/Loose Joints-inspired “Is It All Over the Place?” track. It was shot entirely on a Nokia cell phone, and yes, it’s got us, got us… love dancing.
– Not only is Skrillex killing it on the charts, the festival circuit, and pretty much everywhere else it matters in dance music—he’s also taken up teaching DJing now… starting with a quickie lesson for Virgin head honcho Sir Richard Branson.
– As if Amsterdam Dance Event attendees needed more to look forward to, it’s been announced that Delsin, Rush Hour, and Clone—some of the Netherlands’ most bad-ass labels of all time—will be running a huge showcase there next week. Resident Advisor conducted a preliminary round-table discussion with the labels’ principals. (full story)
– Genius house remixer Marc “MK” Kinchen recently showed FACT TV how he makes his signature MK Dubs. Of course, it’s gonna take a lot to best DJ Haus’ “Needin’ U”—so watch closely. (full story)
– PBS is rarely given the credit that it deserves, particularly when it comes to its music programming. Case in point: here’s a free full webcast of Radiohead’s amazing Austin City Limits performance from last week.
– And to wrap it up with even more Dutch goodness, trance master Armin Van Buuren has premiered his A Year With Armin Van Buuren documentary with KLM Airlines—but you can watch the feature-length film right here, right now. (Mind you, much of it is in Dutch, but click the “CC” button for captions.)