As America goes gaga for dance music again, it’s worth remembering that over the years there have been tons of attempts to bring this style of sound to the masses. One such attempt took place two decades ago, in the form of Moby’s, Aphex Twin’s, and Orbital’s See the Light tour. How did it fare?
– 20 years ago, Moby, Aphex Twin, and Orbital launched what many consider to be the first rave tour of the US. Here, one of Moby’s performers outlines how it all went down in a story entitled “How I survived America’s first-ever rave tour.” (full story)
– So what does Arty finally have to say to will.i.am after he allegedly pilfered Arty and Mat Zo’s beats? Read on and see: (full story)
– Here’s why you should be building your own drum racks in Ableton Live, in a nutshell: (full story)
– New Yorkers Blondes were two of our Artists to Watch back in 2012. Now they’ve put together one awesome podcast for Resident Advisor. (full story)
– One of Warp’s real IDM (yes, that’s IDM, whippersnaps) kings Clark has took the footage that a friend assembled of some space exploration and made a beat track to go along with it. Nice!
– LA’s HARD Summer festival took place over the weekend, and for those who were (or still are) so stoked on the occasion, you can find out plenty more about how Gary Richards’ events are helping to inject a whole lot of enthusiasm into SoCal’s dance music scene. (full story)