There’s a ton to get to today, but our top news item is definitely about Avicii’s missive to GQ magazine over a number of supposed inaccuracies in their reporting of his story. Read on to see what he’s got to say to them.
– Avicii has taken a bit of a beating lately, both with his ill health forcing him to cancel gigs all over the place, and in a recent GQ article, which features a number of statements with which the young Swede takes umbrage. Now he’s striking back on Facebook: “I would never lay down a pre-programmed set and performed [sic] to a pre-mixed CD, I would never cheat my fans like that. Period.” Read his whole statement here: (full story)
– Former Swedish House Mafia member Steve Angello kicked off his latest BBC Essential mix with a track from his brand-new X label, by Trent Cantrelle, entitled “Nice & Close.”
– Vibe talks with Armin Van Buuren about the actual state of trance and selling out Madison Square Garden in an hour. (full story)
– The Trap Hawk Down tour saw Diplo hitting four locations via helicopter. Check out some video from the trip below:
– London’s first lady of funk, Cooly G, always plays just the kind of deep house we’re looking for. Listen to her new Rise Up mix here:
– Carl Craig was down in Miami for all the big festivities a couple weeks back, and he dropped this blistering set for the Boiler Room: (full story)
– The Knife’s new LP, Shaking the Habitual, doesn’t come out until next week, but you can stream it in full over on Pitchfork: (full story)