The big gear-manufacturer trade show NAMM kicks off in Southern California tomorrow, but we’ve already got a couple huge announcements for you today. Click on through for the inside scoop on some marvellous new toys from Korg and Moog.
– Kahlil Joseph’s film about Flying Lotus, Until the Quiet Comes, has won the Short Film Special Jury Award at the Sundance Film Fest. Check it out in its entirety below. (full story)
– So, what other purveyors of electronic music are invading Sundance this year? So far, Avicii, Afrojack, Nero, and Cedric Gervais have all made appearances. (full story)
– Well, with just a day before the NAMM Show kicks off in Anaheim, it looks like Korg’s already sort of made its big announcement: For the company’s 50th anniversary, they’re rolling out the Mini MS-20. Read on for details: (full story)
– If that’s not enough synth for you—or enough FlyLo for you—Moog has also got plans for its Sub Phatty analog unit. XLR8R’s got the lowdown on its nuts and bolts, and below, we’ve got a cute animation to accompany Flying Lotus’ track made especially for the synth’s release. (full story)
– Yup, vinyl sales are still on the rise, according to the BBC. Here, folks like Pete Rock and DJ Jazzy Jeff help further the cause with some insights of their own. (full story)