With Detroit’s Movement Festival set to take over the big Memorial Day Weekend, there’s obviously plenty of buzz in the air. We’ve got a lot of it after the jump, but even more immediately, Boards of Canada are about to premiere some new music. Get ready and tune in!
- Boards of Canada are set to premiere some more new music tonight on BBC Radio, between 7 and 9 p.m. GMT. Which is, like, right now! (full story)
- Nile Rodgers—he of Chic and recent Daft Punk fame—has been collaborating with Disclosure, Chase & Status, Avicii, and David Guetta. So put that in your pipe and smoke it. (full story)
- The Movement Festival kicks off on Saturday, but in the lead-up, promoter Jason Huvaere spoke with Dancing Astronaut about how the Detroit event has evolved since its inception in 2000. (full story)
- On that note, there is naturally a buttload of afterparties slated for Detroit this weekend. Resident Advisor has put together a handy guide of don’t-miss events. (full story)
- There’s something calming about watching Toolroom TV. Like a Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous for the clubbing set, Mark Knight’s label team always does a nice job of wrapping together studio trips and nightlife scenes into a digestible few minutes over morning coffee. At least that’s how I take it in. Enjoy.