So Simon Cowell’s DJ Idol-esque show may be shelved, but the Ibiza-based Burn Studios has got something even more exciting in store in that regard, as we’ve discovered over the last few weeks. Check out the latest installment of the documentary about their residency program, and much more, in today’s news.
– As you know, we’ve been tracking the progress of a group of up-and-coming DJs from around the world as they compete in a number of different musical challenges in Ibiza in the hopes that they’ll be chosen for a huge gig as part of Burn Studios’ residency program. Today, episode three of the six-part series has been unveiled, and it features the contestants spending some time with Luciano (pictured above) and David Guetta—but it’s not all rosy sunsets. Have a peek to see how the plot thickens.
– Strike a pose! New Jersey-based ballroom house producer and DJ MikeQ is bringing his uniquely regional sound to Europe for a few dates this month, starting in Berlin this Friday and ending at Krakow, Poland’s Unsound Festival on the 20th. (full story)
– Okay, who even knew that Kaskade has a tumblr blog? Well, anyway, he does, and he recently went on a little bit of a tirade against the folks (ahem, the press) who think that the US’s newfound interest in electronic music “came out of nowhere.” It’s a good read, so check it out. (full story)
– London-based Planet Mu and Hyperdub producer Ikonika goes into the Point Blank studios and breaks down her recent track “I Make Lists” for all those technologically inclined.
– And lastly, it appears the Hot Creations and Crosstown Rebels guys do have plans beyond their big doomsday gig in Mexico, as they’ve got themselves booked on the lineup for 2013’s BPM Festival in Playa Del Carmen. Other performers include Richie Hawtin, John Digweed, and Soul Clap. (full story)