There’s a fair bit to ponder in today’s news: Is President Obama really into A-Trak’s Fool’s Gold label? Who’s more important in the DFA game—James Murphy or Jonathan Galkin? And what’s the sound of 32 metronomes chiming? Well, we’ve got answers for you, so read on.
– Thought that James Murphy was responsible for bringing dance music to the rock kids? Then you probably don’t know about the impact of DFA label head Jonathan Galkin, with whom Red Bull Music Academy spoke. (full story)
– The Burn Studios Residency in Ibiza is off and running with its three finalists taking their first shots at their coveted club residencies on the island. Check out episode six below and see how they fare, and then come back next week for the series’ final installment.
– Is President Obama really into to Fool’s Gold? There definitely has been a lot of talk about his handling of the economy that would support such a theory
– Berlin-based dubstep king Scuba has just dropped the new FACT podcast. Dense & Pika, Jessie Ware, Locked Groove, and more make the cut. (full story)
– Depeche Mode have just announced a short European tour for next spring, to support a new album due out next year as well. (full story)
– And, for a quiet moment of Tuesday-morning Zen, here are 32 metronomes playing in harmony. Now go in peace.