The debate rages on—what makes a DJ a DJ? Today, we’ve got some great footage from a panel that discusses just that topic… along with Daft Punk’s Simpsons appearance. So check it out all in today’s Morning Roundup.
– So what makes a DJ? Laidback Luke, Goodwill, and Sam La More sit on this Beyond Button Pushing panel at Australia’s Electronic Music Conference to discuss the art and craft’s finer points.
– Swedish House Mafia are throwing a Black Tie Rave on February 28th at New York’s Hammerstein Ballroom to benefit Hurricane Sandy relief efforts. (full story)
– February will bring the release of Night Slugs All Stars Volume 2, to feature Kingdom, Lil Silva, Girl Unit, and of course label heads Bok Bok and L-Vis 1990. (full story)
– XLR8R’s always got a handle on some of the best podcasts floating around the net. Now they’ve offered up the very best of their best with their top 10 on the year, featuring Redshape, Jonwayne, Tom Demac, and, well, seven more. (full story)
– Depeche Mode are putting the finishing touches on their 13th studio album, due in March. “I am very happy with how the album turned out,” says Martin Gore. “The music has a similar vibe to Violator and Songs of Faith and Devotion, and I think there are a few songs on the album that are among some of the very best we’ve done.” (full story)
– Oh, and did you happen to catch the Daft Punk/Disco Stu bit on The Simpsons the other night?