Man, can’t those guys in Swedish House Mafia ever catch a break? After incident upon incident at their European shows, now one-third of the trio, Sebastian Ingrosso, deals with yet another melee of a show—this time in Long Island.
– A lot of drunk kids, a random helicopter landing, and Sebastian Ingrosso never even making it to the stage can be summed up as maybe “the biggest dance-music clusterfuck in Long Island history,” Spin reports on Nassau’s Haunted Coliseum event. (full story)
– Looks like Rinse has signed an indie band, Essex’s States of Emotion. So how does that bode for the dance label’s future? (full story)
– You don’t often see Deadmau5 performing sans headgear, so here’s a quickie clip of him playing the Tommy Trash remix of “The Veldt” live on KCRW.
– And just in time for Halloween, check out this creepy new video and track from Kode9’s partner in crime, SpaceApe, entitled “On the Run.”
– LA beatmaker Tokimonsta talks with DJ TechTools about her piano-playing past and the other gear in her arsenal. (full story)
– Lastly, Kaskade’s got a new album in the works for spring. Ozzy’s son Jack Osbourne interviews him about it, his recent tour, his broken foot, and why the baseball season was delaying his studio schedule.