Could it be true? Could Daft Punk be playing a secret gig in Riverhead, New York? “There’s going to be me, my band CHIC, and some of the hottest acts and surprises on the planet that day, which happens to be around the time the next Daft Punk single drops (I’m just saying).” Read on for more about it, and of course more music news, in today’s roundup.
– Wait, so is Nile Rodgers saying that Daft Punk is gonna be playing at his house? (Or, his one-day dance party in the Hamptons, anyway?) (full story)
– If you’ve been contemplating a voyage to the White Isle for Richie Hawtin’s ENTER. residency, have a read through XLR8R’s detailed account of one of the party’s recent installments. (full story)
– We don’t, however, have documentation—yet!—of hotel heiress Paris Hilton’s pending Ibiza residency, Foams and Diamonds, which kicks off at Amnesia at the end of the month, but we’re sure that reports are soon to come. (full story)
– Looking to perform at the Leeds Festival? Relentless Energy is giving one DJ a chance to play their stage this year. Click on through to see how you can win this awesome slot: (full story)
– UK grime kid Tinie Tempah has been turning it up lately—and now he comes forth with a 2 Chainz collab on “Trampoline,” a track that will surely make you jump.