With SXSW going crazy right now, and Miami on the horizon, the electronic music world is seriously heating up. See what Sasha’s got to say about Deadmau5 and Richie Hawtin joining forces, and read up on the new “types” of folks you’re likely to encounter at this month’s big parties.
– If you’ve ever considered starting your own independent label, here’s some things to think about, courtesy of Cascine, Paper Garden, and XL Recordings. (full story)
– The Bass-Face Newbie, the Trappist, the French Toucher. Have you checked out Mixmag’s primer on the new tribes of dance music? (full story)
– The Bug’s new single has got a pretty straightforward message: “Kill Them.” All the same, we’ve been waiting with bated breath for Kevin Martin’s next move, so we’re pretty psyched either way.
– Wait—there’s a hidden track-content window in Ableton Live 9? (full story)
– And, when you’re finished reading that, tell us what you think of Afrojack signing an exclusive deal with Island/Universal. (full story)